AWS is known for providing its wide range of cloud computing services to millions of people around the world.
There are around 1 million active enterprise customers for AWS. AWS has customers in around 190 countries. AWS is the largest cloud service provider in the cloud market. In 2021 the total share of AWS is around 32% of the market share. So if you are thinking about getting AWS as your career option this is the right place to start with.
Many of us may have a doubt why AWS has become the world’s largest cloud service provider. let us know few reasons for it:
- In my opinion, it was started in the very initial stages of cloud computing.it was started in 2006. So it has a lot of experience in handling different types of complex cloud environments.
- In 2021 the total share of AWS is around 32% of the market share which is very high compared to other cloud providers.
- From 2006 till today AWS is upgrading its features according to the user requirements.
- Its services are faster and cheaper compared to other cloud providers.
- Scalable: It provides few tools like auto-scaling and elastic load balancing for scaling up the resources according to the user requirements.
- Flexible: It provides a feature to select our operating system where we want to run the application, which programming language to use, which database to use, which services to use, etc.
- Cost-effective: AWS helps us to minimize the cost when compared to traditional IT methods.
- Security and Backup: AWS provides us end-to-end security to the customers. AWS has different tools like IAM to manage the users from accessing different services.
AWS provides excellent backup systems. Because it has various geographic locations so that the data can be stored in different availability zones. even if there is any loss of data it can be retrieved easily.
- In my opinion, the main advantage for them is their popularity. Because AWS is being used by one of the world’s best video streaming platforms Netflix which is helping them to market their services.
What are the career options if we choose AWS and their salary range?
Being an AWS certified member can open many doors for you, as it will help you land a good job in high-demand industries.
- AWS Cloud Architect: An AWS solution architect, he will be dealing to make a pathway to use the AWS services [like EC2, S3, etc] efficiently and cost-effectively according to the organizational requirements.
- AWS Software Engineer: AWS Software Engineer maintains, and evolves an AWS cloud infrastructure for running applications.
- AWS Developer: An AWS developer is responsible for setting up, maintaining, and evolving the cloud infrastructure of web applications
- AWS DevOps Engineer: AWS DevOps engineer is responsible for Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production system.
Let’s have a look at various AWS certifications that helps to make a suitable career in AWS
AWS Foundation-level Certification
- AWS Cloud Practitioner – Foundational: This is like the first step to take a certification from AWS which depicts we have basic knowledge on the concepts of AWS.
AWS Associate-level Certifications: This category of certification consists of 3 types of certifications
- AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate: This is for System administrators in cloud operations roles. For this, we need to have at least one year of hands-on experience with deployment, management, networking, and security on AWS.
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate: The AWS Training is for people with at least one year of hands-on experience in designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate: This is for people with at least one year of hands-on experience in developing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
AWS Professional-level Certifications
- AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional: This certification is for professional DevOps engineers who have two or more years of hands-on experience in operating and developing applications.
- AWS Solutions Architect – Professional: This certification is for the professional Solutions architect with two or more years of hands-on experience.
AWS Specialty Certifications
- Security – Speciality: This is for the people who perform a security role with at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
- Advanced Networking – Specialty: This is for the people who perform a networking role having experience in AWS networking operations.
- Machine learning – Specialty: This is for the people who perform a data science role having experience in designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining machine learning (ML) solutions for given business problems.
- Database – Speciality: This is for the people who have database knowledge and helps the organizations to drive their business requirements. This helps to build credibility and confidence by highlighting your ability to design, recommend, and maintain the optimal AWS database solution.
Pay Scales of different positions in the AWS Career:
As we discussed the different positions in AWS career. Let us divide it into 4 main jobs:
- AWS Solutions Architect
- AWS DevOps Engineer
- AWS SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Developer
Now let us discuss the pay scale of each position.
- AWS Solutions Architect: In India, an average of AWS solution Architect earns around 7,14,124 at the beginner level[1-4 years of experience]. 15,30,116 rs at mid-career [5-9 years].20,89,659 as Experienced Solutions Architect [10-19 years].
- AWS DevOps Engineer: In India, an average of AWS DevOps engineers earns around 5,99,445 at beginner level [1-4 years].12,08,492 at mid-career [5-9 years].19,39,156 as Experienced AWS DevOps Engineer [10-19 years]
- AWS SysOps Administrator: In India, an average AWS SysOps Administrator earns around 10,00,000 rs.
- AWS Certified Developer: In India, an average AWS Certified Developer earns around 6,07,000 at the beginner level.
Conclusion: Now you got an idea of Why is AWS A Good Career Option? Why Choose AWS As A Career Option?. if you are interested in cloud computing. Then AWS career path has plenty of opportunities in the present market. AWS certified professionals are in demand, and there are also several ways where you can fit into the IT field when you are skilled on AWS.